We inspect light vehicles under 4,500Kg gross vehicle mass. Call us now to book your appointment!
Before registering a car in Western Australia, it needs to pass a safety and some other inspections at an AIS - Approved Inspection Station, if the vehicle:
- is being registered in WA for the first time
- has been modified (e.g. new engine or body)
- has been written off and is being licensed for repair
- has received a compliance notice (also known as a yellow sticker*)
* A Compliance Notice ("yellow sticker") in WA can be issued by a police officer or authorised wardens when they identify a car to be un-roadworthy.
Buses, taxis and driving school vehicles require annual Vehicle examinations to renew registration.
After your car is inspected, any defects found will need to be repaired and the car reassessed. When your car passes the inspection, you will need to pay a transfer fee, stamp duty, registration fee and registration plate fee. If the vehicle is less than 25 years old it must be also fitted with a government-approved immobiliser.
We Inspect cars from Port Kennedy, Rockingham, Secret Harbour, Mandurah, Warnbro, Baldivis, Kwinan, Safety Bay, and all other sorounding areas. WA
When you are about to purchase a second hand car there are many things that you must check to make sure you are getting a reliable vehicle. There is a list of items need to be chacked, but keep in mind that for a more accurate evaluation of the vehicle it's better to ask our expert mechanics in The Car Doctor to do that for you.
During a Vehicle Inspection, we will inspect your car and provide a detailed written report about your car. This is a sample checklist for a guide of what will be inspected during a routine vehicle inspection.
- Car Body Analysis
- Accident damage
- Doors, boot & windows
- Engine (running & at idle)
- Engine oil
- Radiator & coolant
- Date of manufacture
- Under vehicle check
- Oil leaks
- Exhaust systems
- Inside car inspection
- Seat belts
- Accessories & electrical devices
- Upholstery trim & carpets
- Jack & tool kit
To check the performance of the car on the road, we will also do a test drive to inspect your car's steering, engine, transmission, brakes, exhaust system, suspension and so on.